Are you interested in becoming a governor?
We have a vacancy for a parent governor.
As a governor, you will normally hold office for a period of four years, even if your child leaves the academy during this time. You can, however, resign from the academy board at any time.
Academy boards are responsible for a wide range of matters which come under three core functions:
– Ensuring clarity, vision, ethos and strategic direction
– Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of staff
– Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
– They do not get involved in the operational day-to-day running of the school.
Our academy board expects governors to:
- attend the full academy board meetings. These take place at the academy or on MS Teams.
- visit the academy formally for monitoring purposes at least once a term, these visits preferably take place in the day time.
- visit the academy informally for open and presentation evenings, etc commit to attend training courses and twice yearly Trust led governor conferences and perform additional research as required and take part in monitoring areas within the academy.
All new and re-appointed academy governors are required to complete a declaration of eligibility form and we will make a Disclosure and Barring Service referral.
An election will be held if more nominations are received than the number of vacancies.
Applications close 15 November 2022.
Parent Governor nomination letter
Please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to, Rhianne Chambers, Walton Academy, Harlaxton Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 7JR
For more information please contact email@example.com.